The girls 2007

The girls 2007
Hanging out at Grandma & Grandpa's pond

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Wow, I cannot believe that the summer is now winding down. The girls started school this past Tuesday and I am happy to report that they love it! Lindsey is now 1st grade and goes all day! What a relief that is to me, not to have to worry where she will go the two/three days a week that she was not in kindergarten.

Alyssa is now in 5th grade, her final year in elementary! She likes her new teacher and it makes me feel really old because of her teacher's youth. I remember her as a little girl.

Alyssa turns 11 today, along with her cousin Lacy, who is turning 10 today as well. I cannot believe that these two beautiful girls, who are exactly one year apart and get along famously (even though one is in Texas and we're from the snowy north). Ahhh, my babies are growing up too fast! Alyssa's cousin Connor (and Aunt Staci) called this morning, and even though he is 18 mo. old, wished her a "happy birthday, Lyssa". Too cute!

Lindsey told her sister this morning that she would play anything with her today that her sister wanted her to, because it was her birthday! What sisterly love!

Take care all!

Nikki

No comments: