The girls 2007

The girls 2007
Hanging out at Grandma & Grandpa's pond

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yes, my girls are growing older. I have known that I would have to some day face the fact that Alyssa wants to be her own person and pick out her own close, etc. But it is hard sitting back letting that happen when she picks out spring/summer in the fall/winter. Battle number one, go change that skirt and shirt for Church. It's too cold outside. Battle number two, turn that radio down and quit singing so loud. Well, I try to choose my battles these days with her. It's hard, but she is growing up to be my beautiful brown eyed girl.

Lindsey is becoming quite the independent girl too! I can't believe what she is learning in 1st grade. Words are actually forming on paper now. For a lefty, she sure has great penmanship. She sure is my beautiful blue eyed girl.

Brian got his first deer of the season and our freezer is again full of deer meat. At least I talked him into getting it processed this time instead of sending to a friend.

All is going great for now. Mom & Dad are in a little town just west of Biloxi called Pass Christian on a mission trip. If you get a chance, check it out on the map. It is right on the water. Mom says it is going slow, but good. My nephew is growing big and handsome and I am already looking forward to Christmas with him. Yep, I have ideas, but I need to make sure that the "little things" are big enough.

Work is work. Bringing stuff home and working from there on weekends. Yep, that is part of the job of year end, but it sure beats not having a job at all. We are so thankful in that respect.

Take care all,

Nikki

No comments: