The girls 2007

The girls 2007
Hanging out at Grandma & Grandpa's pond

Friday, February 02, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but inside is so delightful. Whoever created this song was not a warm weather person. I'd rather have 70 degrees above than 4 degrees below. It is freezing!

All that aside, I am a little behind on my every other week posting. Thought I should catch up a bit, knowing that I had been trying to check in with my sister's blog and saying "what's up".

All is going well in our household. Alyssa has started playing basketball on Saturdays and is enjoying it very much. At least we take the portable DVD player for Lindsey so that she can watch whatever and be occupied during games.

The girls love the snow. Daddy took them outside to try to build a snowman, but weren't successful. He ended up taking the hose out to wet the snow, trying to get it to pack better. They ended up with a huge mound outside, but no snowman. Better luck next time.

We had a wondferful week of visiting with Uncle Larry M. and Aunt Sandi L. They came up to visit with Aunt Mary M. (in the hospital, keep praying). I am pretty sure that they are thanking God for allowing them to come visit us before this white stuff really came in. Aunt Sandi is now back in the land of the warmth. Not sure if Uncle Larry is enjoying 20 degrees though.

All in all, it was a very nice visit and catching up time. I love it when family can come visit or we go visit and it is like we are picking up where we left off. Family is great!!!

I am looking forward to vacation even though it is two months away. It makes it more worth the while when we are having such cold weather, knowing that I will be going someplace warm for vacation.

Stay warm everyone!

Love ya,

Nikki

No comments: