The girls 2007

The girls 2007
Hanging out at Grandma & Grandpa's pond

Monday, August 18, 2008

OH, now what have I stepped in to? Looks like Lindsey's coach will be me for soccer! I told them not to expect much, because all I no about soccer is that when you throw the ball in, both feet have to be on the ground ... so they gave me a book about how to learn soccer quickly. But, I have a secret weapon! My niece is a third year varsity this year and she will be with me every step of the way.

On other news, my kids received their letters about school starting soon. Yes, we have started to put them to bed earlier this week. Next week will be even earlier. Back to school, back to schedule.

Another year of VBS is done. Wow, what a week. We had a peak of 88 kids and raised enough money to purchase 26 back packs with supplies for underprivileged kids in our county.

Started another project that I have wanted to try the past couple of years, canning. Yep, we canned stewed tomatoes yesterday! My next project, salsa. What with gas prices and food prices, we will need to start our pantry and stay home to eat more this winter. Electric is out of sight with last months bill!

All is quiet on the home front!

God is so Good!

Nikki

No comments: